Monday, November 14, 2016

Pitch reflection blog post (post 9)

Questions
What main appeals did you use in your pitch? Why did you decide they would be the most effective?
What were some specific persuasive techniques you used (include examples) why did you believe these would be effective?
How did an awareness of audience and context influence your overall approach to this activity?
  
If you were to complete this presentation again, what would you do differently in terms of content and preparation? 
     For my part of the pitch, some of the main appeals that I used were Ethos and Pathos. The reason why I believe these are the most effective is because I was doing the beginning part of the pitch and I felt it was necessary in a pitch to be able to grasp your audience in and to have a sort of connection or bond with them. Then talking about credibility as a person with ethos, I felt like it was necessary for me to show them that I am confident with the advertisement and to show in a way that I am the right person for the job in the pitch's scenario. It's all about convincing and persuading the audience to get them to do what you desire or want. Some of the specific persuasive techniques I used were association, rhetorical questions, intensity, plain folks and charisma. I believe these persuasive techniques are effective because on a general outlook, they all connect to pathos and ethos by using these techniques to share an emotion with them, ask them questions that make them think about theirselves and they could ultimately relate too, they could feel your passion using your intensity with words and the pitch and finally, plain folks and charisma shows the intended audience for them to buy the product.
     Again, the awareness of audience and context influenced the approach to this activity because this meant that the main persuasive techniques to look at would be categorized within Ethos and Pathos, not necessarily Logos because two of the critical factors of this activity were the Audience and the Context. If I were to do this presentation again, I would use more advanced and intermediate persuasive techniques and I would clearly show which persuasive techniques I used because I feel like I used them however I did not clearly show them or highlight them when I was presenting and the audience could or could not see the persuasive technique and this would affect the entire presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment